Planning events can range from how many people fit in a space to how to exit the facility in case of an emergency. Here are some key components to planning a successful event.
In the case of an emergency at the Prince George Conference and Civic Centre (PGCCC) staff have been trained to provide direction to everyone in the building in response to the emergency at hand. A designated staff person will provide direction over the intercom giving all patrons directions.
Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the PGCCC muster point and exits prior to hosting your event at the facility.
The muster point or designate assembly area for the PGCCC is in the Canada Games Plaza at the corner of the washroom entrance. A red Muster Point sign has been erected at the corner of the building by the washroom entrance.
- Main Entrance West Exit
- North West Exit
- Rotunda Entrance South West Exit
- East Exit
- North West Stair Exit
- South West Stair Exit
Prince George Conference and Civic Centre Staff Phone Numbers
Non-emergency Phone Numbers
- Temporary parking is available in front of the Civic Centre during the hours of LOAD-IN & LOAD-OUT only
- Please turn off your display LIGHTS in your booth every night. The lights may become very hot causing a fire hazard. Displays must not block, impede or obstruct a FIRE EXIT and appropriate aisles must be designated
- We have a CARDBOARD RECYCLING bin at our loading dock. Please flatten and dispose of all your cardboard. Ask us for help.
- The Civic Centre is a busy venue, with limited storage. We require all SHIPMENTS to arrive on the move-in day and be returned on the last day of the event. Advance shipments will not be accepted by the facility. Please refer to our Shipping and Handling guidelines.
- Absolutely no spray products are to be used for cleaning/polishing wheels, tires, chrome, upholstery, etc… inside the facility for VEHICLE EXHIBITS. Please help us protect our hardwood floors and ensure the safety of all our customers by using wipe-style products. Cars, trucks and machinery must be clean, have a “locking-type” gas cap and tanks must not be full to allow for normal expansion. Protective sheets of plastic must be placed underneath the vehicle. A maximum 20lb propane container, subject to Provincial Gas Inspection, is permitted.
- All FOOD & BEVERAGE service is exclusively provided by the Civic Centre. It is not permissible for food and beverage to be brought in and served in the facility. All sampling requests must be approved in advance by the Civic Centre and meet the requirements of the Health Inspection Branch of BC. For further information, please contact our Food and Beverage Department at 250-614-7850.
- The Civic Centre is a NON-SMOKING facility. Smoking and/or vaping is not permitting inside or around the building. (Bylaw #4708)
- Banners and DECORATIONS can be suspended in some locations within the event space. The use of tacks, staples, nails, duct tape is not permitted. All decorations must be treated with flame proofing before installation and/or meet the current specifications of the BC Fire Code. Open flame candles are not permitted. Please contact the Administration Office for more information.
Exhibitors using electrical, mechanical, hydraulic or flame producing elements and displays requiring FLAMMABLE fuel shall have a ABC dry chemical extinguisher at all times (5lb minimum).
As a patron of this facility, you will be given free parking; however to be valid, you must enter your license plate by
scanning the QR code located inside the facility.
The QR code must be scanned each day you are at the facility.
Registration of your license plate is required Monday through Friday from the facility opening until 5pm.
You do not need to register your plate after 5pm, on weekends, or on statutory holidays.
For assistance with the QR code, please see the Administration Office at 250-561-7723
For questions about a parking violation notice, please call Bylaw Services at 250-561-7622